Haul #2 - Illustration Supplies


Hi everyone!

Two weeks ago I went to Santiago (capital of Chile) to visit my sister, friends and last but not least, buy some illustration supplies. I usually don't buy many supplies but when I do it is great ahaha. I move between paper for sketches, pencils, erasers. Now the mission was to acquire things that, for the most part, had not tasted before. So, here we go!



Kuretake Zig Cartoonist Menso Brush Small (USD 9,11). Last year I bought the same brush in medium size but it's not good for small details, obviously. Horse and goat hair brush, very flexible and smooth.

Strathmore Watercolor Paper (USD 8,97). I don't need the most expensive paper because I'm still not very skilled at traditional techniques when it comes to illustrate. This one is perfect to practice. Cold pressed and acid free (300 gm paper, 30 sheets, A5 size).

Winsor & Newton Black Indian Ink (USD 11,25). I used this ink before and it's my favourite. It's waterproof but the best thing is the dropper included in the lid.

Caran d'Ache Technik Eraser (USD 2,89). This product was not on my plans but the promise was fantastic: erases graphite leads and pencils, not ink. The best, is it works!

Sakura Foam Eraser W 100 (USD 1,29). A confession: I bought this eraser because my dog has the same name as the brand, Sakura. Eraser shavings clump together into strings, which makes cleaning up easier and keeps your workspace tidy.


Pébéo Studio Gouache Poster Paint (USD 9,88). This purchase is the most important. I was very excited to try a good brand of gouache paint. When I tried the paintings I liked them a lot but I need to painting more things to have a better opinion. Kit includes 12 tubes x 12 ml.


Deleter Pen Trial Set (USD 12,15).  I have never used nibs before and this set is perfect to beginners like me. Includes 1 G-pen, 1 Maru-Pen, 1 Saji-Pen, 1 Pen Holder and 3 sheets postal size comicbook paper for manga.

I bought this supplies in 2 stores, Color Animal and Cromarti.

Well, this is all for now. I hope you like it. Have you tried this supplies before? I would like to know your opinion about them!

See you soon, bye!

---

Hola a todas/os! 

Hace dos semanas viajé a Santiago (capital de Chile) a visitar a mi hermana, amigos y por último pero no menos importante, comprar algunos suministros de ilustración. Por lo general no compro muchos materiales pero cuando lo hago es a lo grande ahaha. Me muevo entre papel para bocetos, lápices, gomas. Ahora la misión era adquirir cosas que, en su mayoría, no había probado antes. Entonces, aquí vamos!


Pincel Pequeño Menso Zig Cartoonist, Kuretake ($5990). El año pasado compré el mismo pincel en tamaño mediano pero no es bueno para detalles pequeños. Pincel de pelo natural de caballo y cola de cabra, muy flexible y suave.

Papel para acuarelas, Strathmore ($5900). No necesito el papel más caro porque todavía no soy muy diestra en técnicas tradicionales a la hora de ilustrar. Éste es perfecto para practicar. prensado en frío y libre de ácido (papel de 300 gr, 30 hojas tamaño A5).


Tinta china, Winsor & Newton ($7400). He usado esta tinta antes y es mi favorita. Es a prueba de agua pero lo mejor es el cuentagotas incluido en la tapa.

Goma técnica, Caran d'Ache ($1900). No estaba en mis planes pero la promesa es fantástico: borrar rastros de grafito y lápices, no la tinta. Lo fantástico es que FUNCIONA!

Goma de borrar W 100, Sakura ($850). Una confesión: sólo la compré porque esta marca se llama igual que mi perrita jeje. Los residuos de la goma se agrupan en virutas, lo que hace la limpieza más fácil y ayuda a mantener un espacio de trabajo más limpio. 


Pintura Poster Gouache Studio, Pébéo ($6500). Esta compra es la más importante. Me hacía mucha ilusión de probar una buena marca de pintura gouache. Al probar las pinturas me gustaron mucho pero necesito pintar más cosas para tener una mejor opinión. El estuche trae 12 tubos de 12 ml cada uno.


Set de plumillas de prueba, Deleter ($7990). Nunca he usado plumillas antes y este set es perfecto para principiantes como yo. Incluye 1 plumilla G-pen, 1 plumilla Maru-Pen, 1 plumilla Saji-Pen, 1 porta plumilla de madera y 3 hojas de papel para cómic tamaño postal.

Compré estos materiales en 2 tiendas, Color Animal y Cromarti.

Bueno, esto es todo por ahora. Espero les haya gustado.¿Has probado estos materiales antes? Me gustaría saber tu opinión acerca de ellos!


Nos vemos pronto, adiós!






Jenoveva

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram